Book Physiotherapist to visit you at home
What is Sport Injury Rehabilitation?
Sports physiotherapy can help in recovering injuries resulting from sport and exercise participation at all ages and at all levels of ability. Our specialized physiotherapists promote an active lifestyle to aid individuals in improving and maintaining their quality of life. Sports and Exercise Physiotherapists also plays an important role in helping athletes of all ages and all levels of ability to enhance their performance.
Sports Physiotherapy helps athletes effectively treat pain and achieve optimal performance with:
- Targeted exercises to help you return to pre-injury function
- Personalized exercise prescription to improve mobility restrictions
- Reduced susceptibility to further sport-related injuries
- Preparation to avoid recurring injury episodes
- Achieving peak athletic performance
What Conditions Does Sports Injury Rehabilitation Treat?
The sports physiotherapy program will benefit those with:
- Post-operative injuries
- ACL reconstruction
- Meniscus tears
- Rotator cuff repair
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Tendonitis and bursitis
Sports injury rehabilitation treats a range of conditions, including:
- Acute sports injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Strains & Sprains
- Muscle, tendon and ligament repairs
- Hand injuries
- Shoulder dislocation
- Foot or ankle dysfunction
- Surgery rehab
How It Works?
Sports Physiotherapy is a multi-disciplinary approach to the prevention, evaluation, and treatment of injuries.
- The first step towards recovery is getting an accurate diagnosis from a certified sports-injury specialist. Typically, the initial stage of treatment involves reducing pain and promoting healing.
- Once pain and swelling are reduced, progressive reconditioning treatment will begin.
- Exercises will be prescribed to target specific goals such as mobility, flexibility training, coordination of balance and joint positioning.
- As progress is made, the athlete and trainer can work together towards re-establishing strength.
- Our Sports and exercise physiotherapists have the skills to respond appropriately to an acute injury or illness in various contexts, such as training or competition
Our Sports and exercise physiotherapists utilize clinical reasoning and therapeutic skills to assess and diagnose sports-related injuries. Furthermore, they are skilled in designing, implementing, evaluating and modifying evidence-based interventions that aim for a safe return to the athlete’s optimal level of performance in their specific sport or physical activity
Our experts use state-of-the-art techniques and procedures, including:
- Functional activities
- Sports/activity-specific exercises and training
- Bracing and taping (athletic and kinesiotaping)
- Fabrication of protective pads
- Manual Therapy
- Muscle reconditioning
- Proprioceptive training
Sports Injury Rehabilitation is critical to help ensure you return to the activities you love as quickly and as safely as possible.
We are committed to providing state-of-the-art clinical care for athletes of all ages and skill levels. Although you may be injured, you can still stay in shape, and can use the injury period as an opportunity to strengthen other areas of the body.
A personal, committed investment in healing is a strategy that will help you regain optimal performance.