What is Orthopedic Surgery?
Orthopedic surgery, or orthopedics, focuses on the treatment of the musculoskeletal system. That includes bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, nerves, and even the skin. There are many different types of orthopedic surgery that can treat anything from a birth defect to an injury to arthritis.
Affordable Orthopedic Surgery Packages in Delhi
In a healthy person, all of the parts of the knee or hip joint work together and the joint moves easily and without pain. However, disease or injury can disturb the knee joint, which can result in knee pain, muscle weakness, and limited movement. The knee is a very complex joint, vulnerable to injuries. While many knee injuries can be successfully treated with simple measures, such as bracing and rehabilitation exercises, other injuries may require surgery to correct.
At We Care Therapist you can find the best team of orthopedic specialists for your orthopedic surgery.
- Bilateral Knee Replacement
- Cartilage Injury Treatments
- Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery (Knee)
- Computer Assisted Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Repair/Reconstruction
- Meniscal Tear Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Reconstruction
- Revision Knee Surgery
- Total Knee Replacement
We understand your concern about your well-being, that’s why we have assembled the greatest team of surgeons in Delhi NCR for your orthopedic surgery along with cutting-edge technology.
- Bone Grafting
- Computer Assisted Orthopedic Surgery (Hip)
- Conservative Hip Treatment
- Core Decompression
- Femoroacetabular Impingement Surgery
- Hip Arthroscopy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Revision Hip Surgery
- Total Hip Replacement
Orthopedic Trauma Surgery
Our Orthopedic Trauma Program focuses on immediate treatment, care and recovery from bone fractures and infections. Because serious orthopedic injuries often require both immediate care and follow-up orthopedic surgery, treatment may involve the placement of internal plates, screws and rods, or the use of external fixators to help keep the patient’s bones aligned in the correct position while the body heals.
- Adult Limb-Lengthening and Deformity Correction
- Bone Infection Prevention and Treatment
- Fracture Reduction (closed)
- Geriatric Orthopedics – Fragility Fracture Care
- Joint Contracture Releases
- Open Reduction and Internal Fixation Surgery
- Osteomyelitis Treatment
- Pelvic and Acetabular Fractures Treatment
- Periarticular Fracture Care
- Periprosthetic Fracture Care
- Post-surgical Problem Fractures – Nonunion and Malunion Treatments
- Post-Trauma Limb Lengthening (Post Trauma Deformity Correction)
Our expert Surgeons are experienced in different types of orthopedic surgeries. If after an injury to your shoulder, medication, rest and physical therapy don’t work, the ligaments might be severely damaged. If this is the case, your doctor may recommend shoulder reconstruction surgery.
What is shoulder reconstruction surgery?
The clavicle, the scapula, and the humerus come together to form the human shoulder. They are surrounded by muscles, ligaments and tendons. The shoulder joint allows for a wide range of movement for the arm. Because of old age, or maybe an injury, the cartilage of the shoulder can be damaged. This, in turn, can come with a number of symptoms: pain in the shoulder, weakness throughout the arm and even shoulder dislocations.
In extreme cases, when normal medication and immobilization are not effective, the best way to deal with this problem is by undergoing shoulder reconstruction surgery.
What are the benefits of Shoulder reconstruction surgery?
This surgery comes with a number of benefits:
- The patient can regain the lost mobility in his arm
- The patient can improve the feeling in his arm
- Activities that were enjoyed before can be performed again
- Comfort in the day-to-day life will be higher
- The constant shoulder pains will stop
Osteoporosis is a condition that affects millions of people worldwide. Usually, it can be treated with medication, exercise, and a good diet but, unfortunately, sometimes the bones break because of this disorder and surgery is required for a complete recovery.
What is Osteoporosis Surgery?
Osteoporosis is the condition in which the patient’s bones become fragile and porous, just like a sponge. This leads to the bones weakening and fracturing frequently. Most of these fractures are damaging enough to warrant a surgery to completely fix the bones. The most vulnerable places are the hips, the spine and the wrists. These are the bones that break most often when a patient suffers from this disorder. With enough care attention, the effects of osteoporosis can be countered by a healthy lifestyle and some medication.
What are the benefits of Osteoporosis Surgery?
These are the benefits of this procedure:
- The patient will regain normal use of his body
- The patient will not suffer from constant pain because of the fracture anymore
- The patient will get advice and medication on how to manage his osteoporosis
- The patient can resume a normal lifestyle after the surgery
Our highly Qualified surgeons knows how inconvenient a meniscus injury can be. This is why we are ready to perform any procedures necessary in a safe and professional environment.
Because of old age or injuries, the meniscus may suffer some damages or displacement. In these cases, the patient may feel pain and stiffness in the knee area. If there are no alternatives, the doctors may propose a meniscus repair procedure.
What are Meniscus Repairs procedures?
The menisci are crescent-shaped cartilage that are attached to the femur and the tibia. Their main roles are to absorb shock, disperse weight, and reduce friction when the knees move. Because of old age or injuries to the knee, some people may tear their menisci. This will result in leg stiffness, swelling, and pain.
What are benefits of Meniscus Repairs procedures?
A patient can benefit greatly from getting one of these procedures:
- The patient will regain the full range of motion in his knee
- The patient will stop suffering from pain in the knee
- The patient will be able to participate in sports again
- The patient will be able to walk normally again
- The day-to-day comfort level will improve greatly for the patient
Our doctors are well trained and equipped with the latest technology and surgery techniques to ensure that your procedure will run as smoothly and as safely as possible. ACL injuries mostly happen to people who play sports. If the ligament is strained, it can usually be healed just with medication and physical therapy. If it is completely torn, the only way to regain the former athletic abilities is through ACL reconstructive surgery.
What is ACL Reconstruction Surgery?
The Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) is connected from the base of the femur to the top of the tibia. Its role is to prevent the knee from moving forward and backward or twisting excessively. A forceful or extremely sudden movement can completely tear the ligament. The ACL cannot regenerate, so surgery might be required to stop constant pain and regain mobility.
What are the benefits of ACL Reconstruction Surgery?
There are a number of benefits to getting ACL reconstructive surgery:
- The patient won’t have constant pain in the knee anymore
- The patient will be able to play sports again, even competitively
- The patient will regain his former mobility in the leg
- The patient’s day-to-day comfort will be significantly higher
We are ready to work hard to help you regain your health and have a safe recovery. While playing sports, some people may injure their medial collateral ligament (MCL). These injuries are usually treated with physical therapy and rest. In some cases, though, if the ligament is completely torn off, the only way to regain functionality would be through surgery.
What is MCL Reconstruction Surgery?
The medial collateral ligament is found on the internal part of the knee joint. It is connected from the bottom of the femur to the top of the tibia and its role is to limit extreme left-to-right movements. In some cases, this ligament can be injured. Most of the times, unlike the anterior cruciate ligament, the MCL can heal on its own. Unfortunately, if it has been completely torn off, surgery is required.
What are the benefits of MCL Reconstruction Surgery?
There are quite a few benefits to this surgery:
- The patient will regain mobility in his leg
- The patient won’t suffer from constant pain anymore
- The patient will be able to play sports again
Our experienced surgeons are always caring and compassionate towards our patients and we guarantee that we will take all the necessary steps to make sure they get a healthy and normal recovery. In some cases, due to injuries or diseases, the spine can become damaged, which will lead to back stiffness and pain. There are numerous treatments, such as special exercises, medication, and massages that can alleviate or even correct these conditions. If these don’t work, however, spine reconstructive surgery might be required.
What is Spine Reconstruction surgery?
The spine is made up of bones which are connected with each other, called vertebrae. Between each vertebra, there is a cartilaginous disc which has to role to absorb shock and permit smoother movement of the facet joints. Inside the spinal column lies the spinal cord. These series of nerves connect the brain to different parts of the body. Due to injuries or diseases, the vertebrae can be damaged. If this happens, the patient will feel stiffness in his back and constant pain and discomfort. In these cases, it is recommended that he should take special medication and follow physical therapy to improve his back health. Spinal surgery is recommended only when the other treatment options don’t work.
What are the benefits of Spine Reconstruction surgery?
These are the benefits of spine reconstructive surgery:
- The patient will not feel pain or stiffness in the back anymore
- The patient will be more productive in his everyday life
- The patient won’t have to take constant medication for his condition anymore
- The patient’s day-to-day comfort will significantly increase
- The patient can now take part in activities which were hard, or impossible, to perform
Meet The Doctors
- MBBS, MS (Orthopaedics), Fellowship Orthopaedic Sports Traumatology (Rizzoli Orthopaedic Institute), Fellowship Knee Reconstruction (Philips University Germany And Chiba University ,Tokyo Japan)
About Dr Atul Mishra
Dr Atul Mishra completed his MS orthopedics in year 2001. Thereafter he did extensive training at different hospitals in New Delhi till joining as fellow in Chiba University Tokyo, Japan for knee replacement training. From japan he went for further training in knee replacement and sports medicine to Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute Bologna, Italy and University of Marburg Germany. After successful completion of training he went to University of Arizona, USA for shoulder training. Presently he is working as Director and head of department of orthopedics at Fortis Hospital, Noida. He is doing exclusive practice of joint replacement and arthroscopy for last 20 years. He does approximately 800- 900 joint replacement surgeries in a year and equal no of arthroscopy procedures. He does primary joint replacement surgeries, revisions, partial /unicondylar knee replacement, and computer navigated joint replacement surgeries.
Education & Training
- MS, M Ch (Orthopedics)
- Fellowship in Joint Replacement from Singapore General Hospital, Singapore, Puettlingen Hospital, Germany and The Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
- Director – Orthopedics & Head of Unit 2 at Saket City Hospital
- Head of the Department – Orthopedics, Nova Specialty Hospital
- Senior Consultant – Fortis Hospital, Shalimar Bagh, Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj
- Visiting Senior Consultant – Metro Hospital, Noida and Rockland Hospital, New Delhi
- Senior Resident – Hindu Rao Hospital, Post-Graduation Government Medical College, Aurangabad
About Dr. Ramneek Mahajan
Dr. Ramneek Mahajan has over 20 years experience handling Orthopedics & Joint Replacement cases. He has presented various important papers related to his field, and has been a part of numerous faculty presentations in India and abroad. Dr. Mahajan has to his credit approximately 5000 Joint Replacements and more than 30000 other Orthopedic & Spine surgeries. His interest lies in Primary, Revision Joint Replacement & Arthroscopy.